Accepted Students

First Time F1 Visa Applicant

Congratulations on your acceptance to NCC. After you receive your acceptance and I-20 package, you must do the following:

  1. Review your I-20 and passport. Check your name, date of birth, country of birth and citizenship.  If you find any errors, please email us immediately.  Your passport must be valid.
  2. Pay SEVIS I-901 Fee. More information on the . This fee must be paid before your F1 visa interview.
  3. Schedule an interview appointment with the U.S. Embassy in your home country. Read an article, "What consuls look for", in the I-20 package before the interview.

Once you obtain your F1 visa, you will be able to enter the U.S. no more than 30 days before the semester start date usually in early August for the fall semester or in mid-December for spring semester.

 When you come to our office in person, please bring your passport, visa and I-20.

It is important that you arrive and report to the Office of International Education by the date stated on the I-20 package.  If you cannot arrive by that date, please contact us immediately.

F1 Transfer Student From Another U.S. School

Congratulations on your acceptance to NCC!  Whether you are familiar with F1 rules and regulations or not, make sure to complete your transfer process by reviewing the information below: 

  1. Submit Transfer Verification Form and financial documents. 
  2. Take a placement test unless waived.  Based on the placement test results, you are able to register for your courses.
  3. Register full-time:  Degree Program- You must register 12 credits/hours or more.  Only one (3-credit) online or hybrid course is allowed per semester.
  4. Attend F1 International Student Orientation. Your attendance is mandatory.
  5. Pick up your I-20. If you complete all of the above, your I-20 will ready for pick up in the first week of school.  Please note that your transfer must be completed within 15 days from the first day for school to maintain your F1 status.

Traveling outside of the U.S. while transferring to NCC:

Please inform our office with your travel plan because you will need a transfer pending I-20 from ۰ıto re-enter the U.S.  It is important that you take a placement test and attend our orientation so please plan your trip accordingly.


Immunization requirements must be met prior to registration at the College. Please visit the Office of Health Office for more information. You can have your past or current doctor complete Certificate of Immunization Form (which you can download from that page) and submit it to the Office of Health Records in Student Services Center, Lower Level of T Building. If you are a current F1 transfer student from another U.S. school, contact your previous school to transfer your immunization records to NCC.

Health Insurance

All F-1 international students at ۰ı must purchase the SUNY college group health plan. Please do not purchase health insurance from your home country since we do not accept other health insurance. For more information on the current health insurance coverage, please contact the Office of International Education.


At this point in time, ۰ıdoes not have student housing. You are responsible to for your living arrangements. If you have any questions or concerns about housing, please contact us.

Arrival & Orientation

It is important that you report to the Office of International Education (Student Services Center) upon your arrival in the United States. We will need to review your passport, visa, and I-20. If you don't report to us, your I-20 will be canceled for no-show. We will also assist you with scheduling the placement test and provide information on International Student Orientation, upcoming trips and other activities.

Top of page